Why Runners? High Quality & Low Price
Our balance bike story starts when our boys, Linus and Finni, were little and got one of the expensive wooden bikes (price around 300 CAD) from their sweet German grandpa.
To be honest with you these expensive balance bikes are made in a good quality, but we found then that a wooden bike made in a good quality shouldn’t be so pricey! We wanted to make available balance bikes in Canada with high quality and low price!
That’s why we created our first wooden Runners-Bikes: Secure, good quality balance bikes for toddlers with an awesome design for a reasonable price. Smart features are the cool bell and the easy to clean saddle.
Now a couple of years later, our boys did outgrow their Runners-Bike. In the meantime we did add quite a few new different models to meet our customers wishes. Something which did not change in our business is our need to have happy customers. That is why we are proud of our customer satisfaction record. Please always give us your feedback and we will try everything to make things work for you.
1. How to use your Runners-Bike? It is amazingly easy. Using balance bikes toddlers first walk the bike forward. As they go faster they stride with feet off the ground for longer and longer periods of time – running their bikes. Ultimately they are able to pull both feet off the ground and coast. At first they tilt to one side or the other and their feet catch them like training wheels or a tripod would. Very quickly balancing the bike becomes second nature and they can coast for yards with their feet off the ground. Braking is done in very natural style: just put your feet down and stop.
2. How long does it take to learn? Our children were able to walk or run bikes the first time they sat down. They were able to coast with their feet up after a week or two. Learning curves are different for different children.
3. How old does a child have to be to ride a Runners? The sweet little racer is designed for children ages 2- 5.
4. Is there assembly required? Runners comes partially assembled, you will only need to attach the wheels and handlebars, which should not take more than 10 minutes. Instructions and tools are provided.
5. Is the seat adjustable? The seat is easily adjustable so children of all sizes can ride Runners-Bike. Also ask us for the seat extension!
6. How much does Runners-Bike weigh? The bike weighs about 10 lbs, and is well distributed, so it is easy to carry when your toddler tires out.
7. How high up is the seat? Depending on the model the adjustable seat ranges from just over 12 inches to 16.5 inches high, fitting most 2-5 year olds. We also sell a seat extension.
8. What are the tires made of? The tires are pneumatic rubber. They can tolerate up to 40PSI, but we suggest 20-25 PSI for best shock absorption.
9. When I place my order, when will it ship and how long will it take to receive it? Your order will be processed and shipped from Edmonton, Canada within two (2) business days from the order date that shows on your order confirmation email. When your order ships, you will receive a Canada Post tracking number via email. Actual delivery time may take additional 2-10 business days, depending upon your location. Please call us for express delivery!
10. This gift is for a Birthday or Christmas, will my child know what is inside? Runners-Bike box ships with the picture of the bike on the outside, so if your order is a gift or a surprise, you may want to have it shipped to an alternate address.
11. Do I have do some maintenance? Like all ride-on toys, Runners requires some ongoing maintenance. Bolts may loosen from movement and vibration, so make sure to check them for tightness before each ride. Do not leave or store the Runners outside for long periods of time. Though the wooden Runners is protected by a lacquer veneer coating, it is still made of wood, and is susceptible to damage from too much exposure to the elements.
What You’re Saying…
“Super fast shipping and a great price.” Junior Runners-Bike
“LOVE IT!” Wooden Kids Bike “Runners-Bike”
“Amazing product and fast shipping!! Thankyou!!” Wooden Kids Bike “Runners-Bike” (Age 2-5)
“Great bike! Thanks for the great buying experience!” Princess Balance Bike
“Our boys never had training wheels thanks to you” Classic Balance Bikes
*** Please read our blog for more customer feedback